Note from Admin: Amina Arraf
In April of this year, Bellum posted a series of “dispatches” from a woman allegedly named Amina Arraf, who we believed was living in Damascus. It increasingly appears that this was not the case. In fact, there are serious doubts as to her location and even identity, and many are suggesting her entire persona as an American-born Syrian blogging live from the revolution was an elaborate hoax. I apologize that she was not more thoroughly vetted. It will not happen again.
– Tristan Abbey, Senior Editor———————
The full list of her guest posts is as follows:
- Report from Damascus: Making Sense of Syria (April 19th, 2011)
- Report from Syria: Great Friday and Beyond (April 23rd, 2011)
- Damascus Dispatch: Report from Syria (April 25th, 2011)
- On the Ground in Damascus (April 28th, 2011)
- Staying Put in Damascus (April 28th, 2011)
These posts will be removed from our site.